iPhone Geocaching App gets big update
Well, Groundspeak has updated the iPhone app again. But this update is significant – it’s the first one to use the new Geocaching API and it shows. The immediate benefit is that the app is a little quicker and there is a new “Advanced Search” screen that lets you filter like crazy. You can turn on / off certain cache types, set a range for difficulty or terrain, pick certain sizes and … drumroll here …. you can filter caches that up to four of your geocaching friends have already found. How’s that for curing those “which cache is next?” arguments at the car!
Some teaser screen shots:
Head on over to the app store to get the update (or buy it).
- New Advanced Search to filter by location, cache type, difficulty/terrain, keyword, exclude your finds, exclude finds for up to 4 friends, and Premium caches
- Sync Personal Cache Notes between the website and your iPhone
- Create multiple offline cache lists to plan outings; useful when you may be travelling outside network coverage
- Download Pocket Queries to the iPhone to view cache details, images, and map tiles offline
- Numerous bug fixes to address performance and reliability